Re: experimental gtk+ 3.3.2 win32 build

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 09:25:37 -0400, Ryan Lortie wrote:
In general, we are interested in improving the situation with respect to
Windows builds.

We'd like to do this in a more robust way (ie: done with every version
and posted on gtk.org).  Ideally, this would be automated.

It's worth noting that it's already relatively easy for us to do mingw
builds and indeed we have a full set of them in the Fedora archive.
What we really lack is a good method of doing regular builds using
Visual Studio (which is necessary to get the correct debugging symbols
into the libraries).

MinGW/MSYS too, please :)

Do you have any ideas how we could possibly automate this process?

MinGW/MSYS:
  "C:/path/to/msys/sh.exe" -c "/path/to/script" args
might be worth a try too (from a .bat or better yet a .cmd file):
  set COMSPEC="C:/path/to/MSYS/1.0/bin/sh.exe"
  C:/path/to/script args

Visual Studio:
  devenv solution.sln /build configuration
Although it now seems to be recommended to use MSBuild (presumably starting with VS 2010?): http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/xee0c8y7%28v=VS.90%29.aspx

There's jhbuild, but that would probably lead to trouble building different
configurations of the same module: MSYS+MinGW, MSYS+mingw-w64 32/64 bit
both preferably with detached debug symbols (if possible) and one or more VS
versions each in Release and Debug mode?

There's also the OSSBuild project that might be worthy of some attention:
http://code.google.com/p/ossbuild/

Sounds like a huge amount of work before we'd even be able to think about
integrating such a build tool with GNOME's buildbot (build.gnome.org).
Not to mention who'd be provided the necessary infrastructure and required licenses, as it would probably be advisable not to rely on a single person
for all this?

mvg,
Dieter