Glib question: Is PCRE in some intermediate state?

Maybe a year or so ago I built glib from source, using MSVC.  I downloaded the source in a zip file of some sort and it was then (approximately) at version 2.24.

A few days ago I decided to re-install my sources from git, so that I can keep everything up-to-date.  I'm just trying to repeat the build process but I'm having a few problems with the supplied project for Visual Studio 8.  In particular, the following files seem to be missing from the glib/pcre branch:-

     pcre_info.c
     pcre_maketables.c
     pcre_refount.c
     pcre_try_flipped.c
     pcre_ucp_searchfuncs.c
     pcre_version.c

As a temporary measure I substituted the missing files, using the ones from my previous build - but they won't compile due to various changes in other parts of PCRE.  For example, in pcre_internal.h, there's a struct called 'real_pcre' but some of its members have changed since my previous version.

Are those modules still needed for building PCRE and if so, is there anywhere where I can obtain the full (current) set of source files?  Or is it just a matter of modifying the VS8 project to remove those particular entries as those modules aren't needed any more?

John