Re: Stock Items Deprecation

On Tue, 2013-07-02 at 09:41 -0400, William Jon McCann wrote:
Hi,

As some of you may have noticed we have recently deprecated Stock
Items in master.

Some details on this change may be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KCVPoYQBqMbDP11tHPpjW6uaEHrvLUmcDPqKAppCY8o/pub

That links to this, which I find a little vague:
https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/checklist-named-icons.html

If we can't change the existing IDs such as
https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/unstable/gtk3-Stock-Items.html#GTK-STOCK-DIALOG-ERROR:CAPS
to use the standard icon names such as "dialog-error",
wouldn't it still be useful to have some new macros for the standard
icon names, to avoid typos?

Otherwise, the compiler can't help us to know if a standard icon name is
really a standard icon name.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com