Re: Stock Items Deprecation

2013/7/18 Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com>:
support for those features has already been developed and it is going
to be added to GAction before we release GLib 2.38 and GTK 3.10, and
improved in the future so that it matches with the overall spirit and
design of the API. if you want to influence where the API is going,
you can start looking at how to port your code, what you think it's
missing, and file bugs. dropping on irc.gnome.org, in the #gtk+
channel, is also a good idea.

OK, I guess that answers my question.

you should *really* read the document linked in Jon's email; it
answers the questions about when and where icons should be used inside
menus. it's not a blanket removal (and it's not something done to
"emulate OSX"; please, refrain from making snap judgements in the
future).

I read the document before posting, and it did mention that icons are
OK for "noun" menu items. However, in your initial post you said
"GAction replaces GtkAction; images on menus have been discouraged for
years...', and I was not aware that a replacement for the
presentation-related functionality of GtkAction will be added to
GAction - so this sounded like the ability to add icons to menu items
would be removed completely.

Regards, Krzysztof