Storage API

Heya,

I've started writing a simple database-like application in Javascript
using GTK+, and I wondered about what to use for storage.

gjs currently doesn't have bindings for SQLite, and using intermediate
bindings like libgda I found too low-level (provider-specific SQL, the
need to write SQL and highly manual schemas upgrade paths). Dumping
serialised Javascript objects to the filesystem isn't really elegant
either.

I was wondering whether an API based on HTML5's IndexedDB[1] (and maybe
a GtkTreeModel to display the database contents/filtered results) would
be of interest in GLib.

If it's of interest, I'd like to start discussing and designing the API
with interested parties.

Cheers

[1]: http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/offline/storage/#indexed-db