Re: Removal of icons in buttons/menus

On Tue, 2013-10-15 at 15:33 -0400, Ryan Lortie wrote:
I don't agree with this having happened.  The deprecation is fine (and I
think we should drop it completely in Gtk 4) but breaking its
functionality during a stable cycle is not so cool.

I suggest for the duration of GTK3: hard-code the desired values for
GNOME in gnome-settings-daemon, restore the XSettings in GTK, leave the
GtkSettings deprecated but restore the integration in relevant widgets.

That way GNOME forces their desired menu/toolbar style on GtkMenu /
GtkToolbar based apps without breaking desktop integration of those
apps in other desktop environments.

Burn it all in GTK4.

Matthew Barnes