Re: Heads-up: Potentially breaking changes to the GDK drawing model pushed

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Jean Brefort <jean brefort normalesup org> wrote:
I know that an expose event contains a region, but this does not help,
we use the draw event, and I don't know how to reliably access the
region. More, it is not really easy to determine what needs to be
redrawn from inside a draw event.

The cairo context you get in the draw signal is clipped to the expose region

the expose region or the expose "area" ? the former is a potentially discontiguous set of rectangles, the latter is their union. yes?