Re: Improve word boundaries for text widgets

On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 1:48 PM, Sébastien Wilmet <swilmet gnome org> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 04, 2014 at 12:30:43PM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> For tayloring the text segmentation behavior for special situations,
> such as code instead of natural language, a vfunc is the right
> approach.
>
> Does that make clear what I would like to see ?

But the Vim word boundaries improve the behavior also for normal text,
not just code. Vim can be used to write mails and documents.

this is none of my business, but it seems fairly clear to me what matthias wants:

step 1: create a vfunc for this
step 2: implement a version of the vfunc that implements whatever behaviour you want

what i think matthias doesn't want:

step 1: implement the behaviour you want
step 2: think about adding a vfunc

i'm sure he'll correct me if i got this wrong.