Re: GL and libepoxy

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 8:49 PM, Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 7:54 PM, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:
It looks like we've committed to using libepoxy[1] as a shim for GL support. It looks quite nice, but there's a catch: In spite of the claim in our INSTALL that it's cross-platform, it actually depends on X11.

I think that means that we need to have a separate GL interface per-backend.

Jasper's correct; I tried this out  a while ago [1] and it currently does the right thing in modulesets-unstable [2], although the repository I specified there pointed to the libepoxy commit _before_ it was merged to master.

This isn't yet in any release, I suppose we need to wait for libepoxy 1.3.

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2014-November/msg00012.html
[2] https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk-osx/tree/modulesets-unstable/gtk-osx.modules#n85

Best,
--