Re: Why these settings are deprecated?

On 27 December 2017 at 12:00, <gtk-devel-list-request gnome org> wrote:
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 21:06:30 +0100
From: Tomasz G?sior <mail tomaszgasior kao pl>
To: gtk-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Why these settings are deprecated?

I would like to ask question directly to main GTK developers. Why these
Xsettings are deprecated?

Although in this case you got a very detailed answer, I'd like to suggest that it is usually better to check resources like the migration guides, "git blame", etc. to track down the rationale for decisions - instead of expecting that a developer will always see your post and have time or desire to directly explain so many things in precise detail.

Sure, that takes a bit longer as a user, but the alternative is that developers have to spend time constantly relitigating past decisions, which at its extreme would mean they'll have no time to develop. :P