Re: Contributing

On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 09:19:00PM +0200, Panagiotis Follas wrote:
Have you already written an application in GTK+? No. Yes I would like.
Have you already written a library based on GLib/GTK+? No. But I would like.

I have half read the book "Foundations of GTK+ Development" and I tried to
start my very first steps by compiling gtk on windows with vs2013. Wall.
No clear instruction and some are not updated or are very old. I would like
 to help and update those instructions for a start. I am a quick learner.
But I need some help with someone that has compiled gtk with visual studio.

I have worked with a lot of open source libraries (Ogre3d, wxWidgets) or
use a lot of open source programs and I would like to start giving back.

OK. I've started to write a new "book" (but we cannot call that a book
yet):
https://people.gnome.org/~swilmet/glib-gtk-book/

For Windows, some links:
https://www.gtk.org/download/windows.php
https://blogs.gnome.org/nacho/

The gtk.org website is developed in this git repository:
https://git.gnome.org//browse/gtk-web/

--
Sébastien