Re: gtk4: gtk_box_pack_start()/end() porting

On 03.05, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Fri, 2017-04-28 at 17:50 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Fri, 2017-04-28 at 17:20 +0200, Timm Bäder wrote:
I've added notes about the fill and expand child properties to the
migration guide:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/commit/?id=bb1deaafa42ccb03929d3c
d5
fdab685218bbac29

Thanks. I guess it's that last part about hexpand/vexpand affecting
the
parent widgets too that explains what I've seen so far. So there is
really no simple mapping from the old API to the new API. Porting is
going to be rather awkward.

Have some container widgets changed, or lost, some default
spacing/padding/margins too? For instance, it looks like GtkActionBar
used to have some hard-coded spacing between its child widgets (added
via gtk_action_bar_pack_start()), but not with gtk4.

Yes, iirc GtkPopover with .menu and GtkFileChooserButton, etc. lost their
spacing. Since GtkBox supports border-spacing via CSS now, I think
themes should handle that instead, but Adwaita doesn't care yet.