Re: Contribution question

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 3:30 PM Pavlo Solntsev <pavlo solntsev gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

To better understand how some glib modules work, I write mini tests. I was thinking it would be beneficial for a lot of people if more examples will be included into the documentation to better explain how an object can be used. Similar to what QT has. I may contribute my examples. When I see a code on git hub I think about pull request. Do you use this approach? Or I should generate a patch and attach it to the bug report as described here https://github.com/GNOME/glib. I saw https://gitlab.gnome.org/ was created. Is it a common trend for ? Does glib also go there? Sorry for so many questions, just want to understand how dev process works.

Some of us are working on a documentation portal and we would love volunteers.  The goal is to create code snippets and what not.  But the current structure at developer.gnome.org has documentation in various parts and doesn't have a particular organizing principle (eg someone who understands how technical documentation is put together) across all languages.

So if you want to help with creating documetnation we could definitely use you.

sri

Thanks.

-Pavlo Solntsev