Re: Moving from mailing lists to Discourse

On 02/08/2019 12:45 PM, makepost firemail cc wrote:

ardour

LMMS moved handling of support requests and conversations from their mailing list to GitHub issues and it works. Using GNOME's GitLab as the single place for discussions can also be considered an alternative. One can respond to issues via email, and email is how I get my notifications of the issues and pull requests. It has moderation tools and tags, so Emmanuele might prefer it to HyperKitty. GitLab works on mobile, though it loads data with AJAX and annoys me with sidebars and its button kitchensink that I never use.
So let me get this straight, GitLab has a feature where an ordinary user can setup his GitLab account to email him every time a new issue is created?

I have responded to an issue via email that I originally discovered (and posted to) on the website, but I haven't figured out how to have new issues sent to my inbox.