Re: Discourse instance

On Fri, 2019-03-01 at 20:37 +0300, LRN via gtk-devel-list wrote:
Well, what i mean is that i'd like to be able to be notified of
topics that are
relevant to me, and one way to do that is to allow topics to be
tagged and
allow people to subscribe to tags.

Ah, yes. You can do that!

https://discourse.gnome.org/tags/
Click on a tag, and you can update your watching status. The number of
tags are limited at the moment, so if you have any ideas for other tags
you want to add, let me know and I'll add them.

Also, related: if i watch a topic, do i get email notifications for
each
message? If not, i'd have to enable the ML mode.

Yes. Watching mode notifies you every time there's a new post in a
topic or category you're watching.

Also, email notifications are
issued once per topic, right? So, if the topic subject changes (like
how an
email thread can split by changing the topic), i won't be notified?

The way it works in Discourse is slightly different. Instead of
splitting a thread by changing the subject, you split the actual topic
in two to form a new one. Once that split happens, you should get
notified that there's a new topic. That split is done by a moderator
rather than a user, as the user can just make a new post.

Neil
--
Neil McGovern
Executive Director, The GNOME Foundation