Re: A GNOME Bindings release set?

<quote who="Murray Cumming Comneon com">

> > Instead you can have a single distribution (e.g. tarball) and if needed,
> > this dstrib can create multiple libraries for separate components.
>
> I think it's easier for distros to package stuff together than to break it
> apart.

Not really, there are well-understood conventions and techniques for
splitting up single sources into multiple packages. Happens all the time.

> I don't think people (even developers) should be installing from source
> much. It's not the common case.

I agree with this, but must point out that it is only true for an audience
of developers (ie. what the proprietary world calls ISVs), rather than FOSS
hackers.

- Jeff

        Web development with PHP is like injecting pure rust with a
                    high-pressure hose. For pain relief.