Re: [Nautilus-list] Mozilla component build errors

"Kevin R. Bullock" wrote:

> Hey all --
>
> For the past week or so I've been trying to build from CVS, and for the
> past several nights, I've been getting the following error on the compile
> of nautilus-mozilla-content-view.c:36:
>
> /usr/include/mozilla/gtkmozembed.h:105: warning: decimal constant is so
> large that it is unsigned
>
> I get the same error three more times on lines 106-108.
>
> I'm using Mozilla M17 (the Debian packages from woody).
>
> Pacem in Terris / Mir / Shanti / Salaam / Heiwa
> Kevin R. Bullock

The problem is that mozilla m17 as shipped had a bug in an enum
declaration which caused this warning.  I sent Chris Blizzard a patch,
which made it into his M17 rpms, but not the M17 branch of mozilla.  It
also made it into the CVS head of mozilla.

Since we have -Werror turned on in the nautilus build, it causes your
build to fail.

So, you can configure nautilus with --disable-more-warnings, so that the
build doesnt fail.

Also, I would like to know who is the official maintainer of mozilla
packages for Debian, so that we can get this patch (and a bunch of
others) into them.

thanks

-re