[Nautilus-list] Color of Icon Caption text

Is there any way to control the colors of the icon caption text (even
if I have to resort to kludges)?  I wanted to change my background
image to an image with a lot of white areas in it, which unfortunately
makes it difficult to see the icon captions on the desktop,
particularly the filename.  I was thinking that this was just
something I'd have to deal with, as such a cosmetic feature would
probably not be high on the list of things to implement.  But then I
clicked on "Reset desktop image" and the filename text turned black,
so it does seem that this property can be altered.