Re: [Nautilus-list] HTTP Directory Browsing

> Nautilus (via gnome-vfs) does support a similar feature, called WebDAV.
> WebDAV-enabled servers can be viewed through Nautilus with directory views
> (view as icons, view as list) as well as with Mozilla. In fact, that's part
> of how the Eazel online storage service works.
>
> I'm not sure if Microsoft's explorer is also based on WebDAV or whether it
> is based on some similar, parallel technology. Maybe somebody else out there
> knows?

Hey all,

I think Thomas meant any old web page as a folder view, not just a DAV page.
I'm not sure how he envisioned this working, but I could see us doing an
icon view for web pages that gave you a folder full of web links and visible
media on the page.  We certainly wouldn't want to poke around and get that
person's real directory structure, but we could base it off of the links in
the active html file.

Thomas, how did you see this working?

Cheers,
Arlo Rose