[Nautilus-list] drive icons

Hi all,
As I heared on IRC, there is a hot discussion, how the mounting of
removable media should be handled. Corrently you can use 1 floppy
(/dev/fd0) and 1 cdrom (/dev/cdrom), as is looks here. I think it would be
good, if the information, which drives to show here should be grabbed from
/etc/fstab. Then you could add an entry for each line with "noauto" which
looks like "floppy (/dev/fd0)", "cdrom (/dev/scd0)", "cdrom (/dev/scd1)"
and zip "(/dev/hdg4)". The Icons shound appear only based of the
information of the mount command, so that you don't have these ghosts any
more...

that was my small opinion, I hope it helps ;)

Kai Lahmann
kl linuxfaqs de
LinuxFAQs.de