Re: [Nautilus-list] File renaming

On Sun, 10 Sep 2000 19:09:06 Manuel Clos wrote:
> Steve Fox wrote:

> I never used a Mac, but Enter instead of F2 is better IMHO.
>
> I like the Space key to do the open/activate thing, as it is used
> in togglebuttons and such, but this is used in Windows when selecting
> files...
> so, how will you add files to a selection (with keyboard navigation) if
> the
> space key open/activate?

Well, IMHO, you should decide whatever way you want, and let the program ask
the user if he used a computer before, and warn before keyboard shortcuts that do
stuff differently on differnet OSes.
For example, if the user marked he used Windows, and you made the
"delete"/"insert" buttons add/remove from a selection, let the user know that Delete won't do
what he expects it to do...

Speaking of which, keyboard selections: you could use something like "Scroll
Lock" to activate selection mode, and then using Insert/Delete/arrows to select
files...