[Nautilus-list] Configuring applicaioton types

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes:
In Nautilus, I want to associate .PDF files with Acrobat Reader (or XPDF, if
you prefer). When I right click and choose "open with" "other application", I
get a message stating "No applications are available...." and am offered to
going to the GNOME control center to configure this with "File Types and
programs".
However, I don't see this option in the control center. I see only MIME types
and URL handlers. MIME types do not allow you to associate a document type
"PDF document" (that Nautilus complains it doesn't know how to handle) with
Acrobat reader.
Using with Helix-GNOME 1.2.

Thanks!
Loyd