Re: [Nautilus-list] Integration of gmc and nautilus desktop directories.

Le sam, 14 avr 2001 08:56:56, Ben Ford a écrit :

> layout.  (Use $home for the desktop)".  You could also add
> a button to
> the new and improved gtk/gnome file selector.  There'd be
> a button for
> "Go to Home Directory" and one for "Go to Desktop".

And now we clearly see all the hidden costs of a bad
separation.

> I just dislike clutteredness.  I hate apps that fill my
> $HOME with loads
> of dot-this and dot-that files.  I'd much prefer a
> separate desktop dir
> (not dot-desktop) and a single .preferences directory that
> apps could
> fill with dot files to their hearts' content.

Why hide it ? As long as there is only *one* config root,
not-hidding it and providing esay access to it for the users
would be a great feature. Besides, an ~/etc would be
consistent with the rest of the file system.

--
Nicolas