[Nautilus-list] Problems with linking .nautilus/desktop to $HOME

  I've been playing for a couple of days with this configuration. I
should say i like it. If the problems i found are solved i would use it
on may daily work. Here is the list:

 · Folder layout != Desktop Layout: when $HOME is displayed in a window
i would like it to be ordered automaticaly by name, but when displayed
on the desktop at want to order it manually. The problem is that when
nautilus is started desktop is ordered by name. I can reposition the
icons, and it works for all the session. But if i close the session and
open it again, i have the desktop again reordered by name. There should
be a diference between folder layout and desktop layout.

 · Not hidden files and folders created by progams. I want to be able to
mark this folder to be hidden, but not dotted. Examples can be Nautilus
or evolution folders and the file plugin130_*.trace created by the java
plugin for mozilla.

I think that -at least- in expert mode people should have the ability to
choose his/her desktop directory, and to make it posible this problem
should not appear. For people that think this is useless, i would say
that they should test (by the linking workaround) before talking. If
after testing they don't like it, at least they should think that there
are people that like it. I'm not asking for it to be the default, but
only to be posible to be done.

  Alfonso

P.S.: I'm not saying that people that talked here against this feature
hadn't tested it.