[Nautilus-list] icon sizes?

Is there a way to tell Nautilus to use different icons depending on the
zoom? I've created some large icons for file types and named them
foo-72.png, foo-96.png and foo-192.png. When I do that with i-directory
or i-regular in a theme folder this works but when I do it with regular
file-type icons nautilus doesn't use them automaticly.

It would be nice if nautilus assumed that all chosen icons should be
scaled to 48x48 at 100% zoom. If a person wants an icon to be bigger
they can always scale it up but I'd think most of the time someone would
want an icon to be a consistent size.

--Ben