Re: [Nautilus-list] Web view reorganization proposal

On 12/6/01 10:10 AM, "Havoc Pennington" <hp redhat com> wrote:

> Moving it out of Nautilus is kind of nice, if nothing else because
> people complain that they can't upgrade Mozilla without breaking
> Nautilus; if it's in a separate package they can separately remove the
> "nautilus-mozilla" package at least.

Isn't this a packaging issue? I was surprised to discover that the Red Hat
7.2 packages used a separate nautilus-mozilla package, but that you couldn't
remove it without also removing the nautilus package.

> However I think the ability to view HTML remains important, even
> without the help stuff, so moving it to a separate module shouldn't
> imply that we can ignore it.

I don't plan to ignore it any more than I do right now :-)

One advantage of making the module separate is that it makes it clearer if
we later decide to have a separate maintainer, though. So maybe in the long
run it will allow me to "ignore" it at least a bit.

    -- Darin