Re: [Nautilus-list] A newbie's questions and sugestions.

<quote who="Benjamin Kahn">

> > > I moved from windows to kde to gnome and i really miss the ability to
> > > right click the desktop and add a shortcut or launcher.
> >
> > Random missing feature.
>
> 	Actually, we (Ximian) get this as a feature request constantly.  I've
> got to admit that it bugs me too.  It also needs the ability to edit the
> launcher which was created.  :^)  I don't think this is random at all.

Heh, sorry, I used 'random' to describe different things in the same email.

Some features are missing in Nautilus for no apparent reason - this one is
missing for random reasons unknown to just about everyone. ;)

[ That said, I've never liked the duality of files and launchers on the
desktop, so perhaps that was the reasoning. Kinda hard to push down people's
throats though. ]

- Jeff

--
      "Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly." - Robert Doisneau