Re: [Nautilus-list] A newbie's questions and sugestions.

On Fri, 2001-12-07 at 20:25, David Moles wrote:
> On Fri, 2001-12-07 at 12:16, Mark Finlay wrote:

> > > What do you mean by top-level? "/"? "/usr", "/home", "/etc", etc.?
> > >

> > I realised that i wasn't very clear - so i sent another email to the
> > list. by "top level" i meant where nautilus browses from. at the moment
> > it can only browse from / but id like it to browse from /mnt or /home.
> >
> > > What I think would be nice, as a way of shortening the "miles of
> > > subfolders", would be an option to have the tree only show, say, from
> > > your home directory down.
> > >

> > Thats Exactily what i mean.
>
> Probably best if it could be made general -- some way of clicking
> in the tree and selecting "show tree from here down" on a contextual
> menu or something...

I just realised that what you were talking about was covered by :

>>1. to be able to right click a folder and click on "Browse from here"
>>and have a new nautilus window open with that folder as the top level.

in my origional e-mail.

i meant somthing entirely different by:

i meant that etc, mnt , home and all the other first level folders
should have one colour for the folder icons. and the second level (eg.
/etc/rc.d, /usr/bin, /var/log) should have another colour. and third
level (eg. /usr/X11R6/bin) should have another colour.

This could possibly be implemented with a theme.

.

> Wish I had time to get my C skills up to speed so I could implement
> some of this instead of just complaining. :/

Yeah. i can usually teach myself any language if i want to program
anything from scratch. but the nautilus code and the libraries it uses
are giberish to me. that's why i hope i can stick to XML.

Mark