Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: CVS plugin

On Sat, 2001-12-08 at 18:26, Darin Adler wrote:

[snip]

> But Nautilus uses a component architecture. You don't need anyone's
> permission to start working on a CVS view as long as it's a separate
> component.
>
> I expect that do do a really nice set of features for CVS support, you might
> have to go beyond creating a new Nautilus view, but lets cross that bridge
> when you come to it.

I'm fairly new to the Nautilus source (<0.5 hours of reading code) so
let me just be sure I understand you: do you mean writing a component so
that you can select "View as cvs" from the "View as" menu?
I'm not sure that is what I would like to do. As in TortoiseCVS
(http://www.wincvs.org/TortoiseCVS) I would like to browse files with
the file manager as usual and be able to tell files that are version
controlled from those who are not, without having to switch views all
the time.
I guess that you could write a component which behaves exactly like
view-as-icons, with the added "cvs-effects", but that seems like
duplicating a lot of code, unless there is someway of using inheritance
between the components.

What say you?

Mikael Lindberg, Lunds Tekniska Högskola
d94ml efd lth se   //  http://www.lth.se