Re: [Nautilus-list] MP3 Players

> hopefully it will eventually be useable. What I would like is to be
> able treat my MP3 player like a mounted file system. I also would like

I've been thinking about this for awhile.  It would be nice if there was
kernel support for (ie.) RioFS, NomadFS, etc. that could be used in
conjunction with the device's drivers.  Currently, there's apps. for
each individual MP3 player that talk to a specialized driver.  It would
be nice to replace those apps with a mounted filesystem.  That way, you
wouldn't need any speacial apps at all, and could use your favorite file
manager/shell to manage the MP3's on the device.  I don't do any work on
these drivers/apps, but I've always wondered why the filesystem approach
was not taken; it seems like a *very* obvious oversight.  I have my eye
set on a portable MP3 player.  When I get the $$$, I'm going to work on
a filesystem driver for whatever device I purchase.

--
Jeffrey H. Ingber (jhingber _at_ ix.netcom.com)