[Nautilus-list] nautilus and ximian

Hi,

I'm a bit confused and wonder if someone could clarify something for me. I
recently installed ximian and then nautilus. I was under the impression that
natilus was an application that runs under gnome and ximian is a gnome
distribution. I was therefore expecting nautilus to run no problem under
ximian. However, when I start nautilus it covers over the desktop that was
already there so the icons that were on the desktop disappear to be overlaid
by a nautilus generated background and icons. I don't want this, I just want
the nautilus tool to start up. Is it possible to change this behaviour?

Thanks

Tony Davis