Re: [Nautilus-list] Using Quantify with Nautilus

Brian Cameron wrote:

> Nautilus experts:
>
> I've been interested in using Quantify with Nautilus, but I am
> having troubles getting it to work.  After compiling/linking Nautilus
> with Quantify and trying to run it, it core dumps almost immediately
> (right after the quantify window pops up) with a segmentation fault.
>
> I found the following website:
>
>    http://www.mozilla.org/unix/quantify.html
>
> And I tried using the QUANTIFYOPTIONS that work for Mozilla, but it
> doesn't seem to be making Nautilus run any happier with Quantify.
>
> I'm just wondering if anybody else has gotten this to work, or if
> there are any tips.

Brian,

To my knowledge nobody got Quantify to work with Nautilus, you are on untrodden
territory. Here at Eazel we use a profiling library checked in at
eazel-tools/profiler. It would be really cool if you got Quantify to work
though. Please post more details to this list with what you ran into, maybe we
can help (bt of the segfault you are hitting, etc.)

Pavel