[Nautilus-list] Re: gtk theme compliance

Le jeu, 04 jan 2001 21:44:57, Darin Adler a écrit :

> Bug reports about specific examples of this will make it
> much more likely
> that we'll get them fixed. Some small number of these
> cases might be
> intentional, but many are just sloppy programming of one
> kind or another.

I know. I've been doing it on the gtk font front. That's not
fun:(. Thought I'd do some preventive action for once.

But you really should make mandatory for your coders to
check their parts with one of the more garish gtk theme out
there (using very big or very small fonts). That would take
them half a sec (just the time to change the gtk theme in
the control center) and this kind of bugs would leap at
them.

You could even take the time to write a dedicated gtk test
theme with very basic colors (blue, green, cyan...) to this
end.

Much more productive than to have users write obscure bug
reports and then process them at helix. This kind of visual
bug is hellish to describe, but really easy do detect if you
take a little time to challenge your color/fonts assumptions
with a radically different theme.

--
Nicolas