Re: [Nautilus-list] .nautilus-metafile.xml

Calum Benson wrote:

> John Sullivan wrote:
>
> > Oops! Not only had Darin already answered this, but he checked the actual
> > text in the dialog, instead of quoting something from memory that has since
> > changed.
>
> One question this begs is whether that particular option should live (or
> only live) under a heading called "Speed Tradeoffs", when in Dennis's
> case, and probably many others who use shared files in a network
> environment, the necessary setting has absolutely nothing to do with
> speed?

It's true that there are various factors involved, only one of which is
speed-related (accessing metafiles stored in remote locations). The various
preferences under the heading "Speed Tradeoffs" are kept together because they
all have somewhat similar issues, and the same sort of UI (always/local/never
choices). I'm not sure that moving this one preference somewhere else would
improve the overall clarity of the preferences dialog.

John