Re: [Nautilus-list] FW: Preview Release Comments

hi john and ben,

> > 3.    I cannot get mimetypes to work for certian applications (ie.
> > gnumeric among others)
>
> I think there's a known problem with gnumeric in that its files are
> indistinguishable from gzip files (since they are in fact gzipped). Maybe
> that's what you ran into? (I thought there was a bug report about this but I
> couldn't find one just now.) It would be helpful to us if you submitted
> specific bug reports about each problem in this area that you've
> encountered.

bug 4452 was about this issue and is now WONTFIX. i was suprised that the
maintainer of gnumeric couldn't be much convinced about adding that tag -
has anyone followed up to see if the change has been made?

> > 6.     In the terminal used to run Nautilus I get the message "**
> > WARNING **: No description found for mime type
> > "application/x-abiword" (file is "<filename>.abw"), tell
> > sullivan eazel com"
>
> Looks like somebody (maybe a web server?) is returning a different MIME type
> for abiword documents than Nautilus expects. We can teach Nautilus (actually
> gnome-vfs) to handle this alternate MIME type. (Aaron, can you deal with
> this?)

done. i do wonder who's using that alternate type.

aaron.

                       /    aaron brick    \
                       |  aaron eazel com  |
                       \   650  940 2080   /