Re: SV: [Nautilus-list] mp3 play

on 1/31/01 12:43 PM, Dennis Bjorklund at db zigo dhs org wrote:

> In this case it because it's setting that is about sound. I did not look
> in the speed-compromise place for that setting (or what it's called in
> english, I use the swedish version). I just waned it to shut up, not go
> faster or slower.

Right. Good point. There are a number of things in Speed Tradeoffs that are
also things people would want to switch for other reasons. We might be able
to improve the organization of this (probably post-1.0), perhaps by putting
the same switch in more than one place.

> I even looked at the MIME settings since I thought that it might be
> connected to just mp3 files and thus, maybe have a setting there for it.

Interesting thought. At some point it might be in there too if we make it
something you can turn on and off for each file type.

> Is there a setting for getting rid of the stupid varning sign that comes
> up when you start nautilus? I already know it's a not finiched product and
> that it can do bad things, and so on...

The caveat has been removed from HEAD from 1.0. Expert users can prevent it
from appearing in the PR3 build by setting the NAUTILUS_NO_CAVEAT_DIALOG
environment variable to any value.

    -- Darin