Re: [Nautilus-list] Goals, todo, whats the direction.

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

> Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:
>
> > > RPM viewing
> >
> > There was a Nautilus viewer in early versions of Nautilus. It's not
> > in the latest. The remnants of it are in the trilobite package on
> > gnome cvs. No one is working on reviving it or making a new one at
> > this time.
>
> We are interested in making this work. jrb was investigating
> yesterday.

Indeed, though I got a little disheartened when I realized that
trilobite has a pretty big dependency on ammonite, and it isn't
apparently easy at all to extract the RPM viewer from this code.  Given
that ammonite is completely deprecated, and trilobite is pretty
unmaintained, I'm not sure how useful this code is.

Would it make sense to try to extract the relevant bits from it and try
to create a nautilus-package-view module?  Is anyone interested in
maintaining such a thing?  Or is trilobite interesting enough that it
can be cleaned up and used?

Thanks,
-Jonathan