Re: [Nautilus-list] ~/Nautilus

Remi Cohen-Scali <Remi Cohen-Scali france sun com> writes:
> I'am just wondering about where is going to land the hardware view
> link ? In .gnome-desktop ?

If we keep it, it belongs in starthere: probably.

For Red Hat we just deleted it and replaced it with a gnome-python
application jrb wrote that reads the Kudzu hardware information.
We may put a link to that app in starthere:

Our feeling was that the current hardware view isn't too useful and
seems kind of strange (it _really_ feels like you should be able to
click the icons). We couldn't figure out what should happen when you
click the icons though, and it seemed like the view would inherently
be weird anyway because the icons wouldn't behave like normal Nautilus
icons.

Havoc