Re: [Nautilus-list] Galeon, Nautilus, Mozilla must share profile information

Ian McKellar wrote:

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 05:01:10AM -0700, Ben Ford wrote:

Ian McKellar wrote:

Well, I assume they're picking up the Windows "Internet" control-panel
settings under Windows and the InternetConfig settings on the Mac. If they
do that on Windows why wouldn't they do similar things under UNIX - at least
in the first-time wizard?

Because gnome or Gconf isn't on every single box running UNIX.

Neither is GTK+, but that doesn't stop them using it.

Gtk+ is much more widespread than Gconf is. I'd almost venture to say that 95% of Linux boxes with X have Gtk+ installed. But they don't depend on it. They can build with Qt as well.

-b

--
:    __o
:   -\<,