Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus + smbclient

On 05 Jun 2001 21:14:48 -0500, Brian Fahrlander wrote:
>     Well, it *does* offer them a construct to follow, and some example
> code to program by. Kinda makes their developer's job easier, aye?  As
> long as it doesn't employ methods intentionally designed to not be
> duplicated (See also: Microsoft) I don't have a problem with it, either.
>
>     Linux is something about evolution; if we set a standard, consistant
> with the whitepapers...document everything and make it available...maybe
> we'll win over some fence sitters, aye?

Sure, but practically speaking, are OS X or *BSD or Solaris going to put
smbfs in their kernels?  The more ways to do something, the merrier, but
having useful functionality on every platform makes things easier for
end users, right?

--
Ed McKenzie
<eem12 cornell edu>