Re: [Nautilus-list] How do I tell Nautilus to display dotfiles? (was Help system/mozilla problems)

On 11 Jun 2001 08:39:42 -0700, Darin Adler wrote:
> On Monday, June 11, 2001, at 03:48  AM, David Shochat wrote:
>
> > And one more question: How do I tell Nautilus to display dotfiles?
>
> There's a preference called "Show hidden files" under "Show/Hide Options"
> in the "Icon & List Views" pane of the preferences.

This is something I hated with gmc and still do with Nautilus. IMO there
should be an icon on the toolbar (configurable if it's there, user
levels, etc. of course). Because I want hidden files sometimes visible
quickly (and for a short time) and then hidden again on the press of a
button. A directory specific setting (like the views) would be nice,
too. Are there users that want their config files in $HOME visible at
all times?
--

I did not vote for the Austrian government