[Nautilus-list] when that call to nautilus_directory_force_reload is not needed

On Tuesday, June 12, 2001, at 04:09  PM, Yoann Vandoorselaere wrote:

AFAIK, the nautilus_directory_force_reload() in begin_localtion_change()
is bogus and should be fixed (*If* I remember right, I had a discution
with Darin a while ago about this, and, if I remember right, it is a
workaround for a problem (I don't remember which) :-) ).

Basically the force_reload is not needed for local directories if FAM is present. So fixing the code to recognize that case and not force a reload would help performance a lot for a common case (if most distributions install FAM as well as Nautilus).

This would be a great simple fix to get in there soon.

    -- Darin