Re: [Nautilus-list] Slow and excessive redrawing

Some of the duplicate redrawing you are seeing is simply bugs.

Recently, Alex Larsson has fixed some bugs to make at the redrawing of
the sidebar better, so you will see that fix in Nautilus 1.0.4.  The
image view triple display is definately a bug.  You are welcome to file
these as bugs in bugzilla.eazel.com.

Unfortunately, working well in a remote display scenario was not one of
the primary goals of Nautilus.  My gut feeling tells me that there is
not one magical thing you could "fix" to make this better.  What you
probably have to do is use Nautilus consistenly over a remote display
and "fix" the most annoying problem one at a time.

At very least finding and filing the top problems in this area is a good
thing to do - something you have started with this mail.

-re