Re: [Nautilus-list] Setting the background.

On 19 Jun 2001 02:50:18 +0800, Ian McKellar wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 01:03:49PM -0500, Govind S. Salinas wrote:
> >    Hi.  I'm writing a gnome appelt that sets the desktop backgound (slideshow
> >    and some other stuff).  It worked fine under gnome without nautilus but
> >    with nautilus drawing the background it does nothing.  Are there
> >    additional X atoms i need to set or is there some way of telling nautilus
> >    what background i want it to use?
>
> From memory (I talked to Mike Engber who wrote the Nautilus code) you need to
> set the one that gnomecc background-properties-capplet sets. In fact I've
> been using background-properties-capplet -b filename to set my background.
>
> Ian

I would use the -b option as patch until I was able to do better except that I manipulate the image in
memory before setting the background and the gnomecc window pops up.  I've now looked into the
capplet code to find out what im leaving out.  I noticed  a couple small differences but I still can't get
it to draw with nautilus.

Another poster said I have to change gnome_conf settings.  Are these the ones you are referring to
the background_properties_capplet setting?
--
					-Govind Salinas
If you are feeling good, don't worry you'll get over it.