Re: [Nautilus-list] "Folder" vs. "Directory" terminology

I also think that "Folder" is a superset of "Directory".  A directory
has a specific meaning when refering to the filesystem.  A folder
could simply be a logical grouping of files or other data.  I think
folder's a better choice of terminology for that reason.  You could
potentially have vFolders, for example, in nautilus, that aren't
actually directories, but rather logical groupings of files.

-Jamin

name:    Jamin Philip Gray
email:   jgray writeme com
icq:     1361499
jabber:  jamin jabber com
web:     http://DoLinux.org/jamin/

He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like
a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without
one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the
country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at
a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it.
(Joseph Romm, Washington)