Re: [Nautilus-list] Strange show-stopper bug

> >his desktop.  The panel was slow, many applications (including
> >gnome-terminal) took forever to load.  In the process of debugging, we
> >installed esd, and bingo! all his problems went away.  He wasn't even
> >using Nautilus, so I'd say this is a GNOME problem, not a Nautilus
> >problem.

i've seen this problem too.  running esd fixes it.  i suspect that if you
unloaded libesd0 the problem might go away, but i haven't tried that to
confirm it.

this problem has been extant for at least a year and a half, btw. =)  i've
just been making sure i have esd and sound properly configured.

elijah