Re: [Nautilus-list] multiple instances/memory consumption?

> amounts of memory. I think the problem is that I has several instances of
> nautilus and nautilus-mozilla-content-view running at once. They never seem
> to exit, even when I close all Nautlius windows.

They are threads, not entirely separate instances.  gtop totals them all
up into one lump sum.  gtop also doesn't take into account shared
memory, which is significant if you're running other gnome applications
(like panel).  When you take all that into account, Nautilus actually
uses a pretty reasonable amount of memory.

On my system, Nautilus proper uses about 11MB when you take into account
shared memory (calculated by RSS - SHARE).  Factor in all the sidebar
applets and other goodies, and it's around 15MB.  Of course that'll go
up when you activate the mozilla component, but the actual memory
consumption isn't as dire as you think.

Jason.