Re: [Nautilus-list] nautilus won't start

On 20 Mar 2001 11:14:05 -0800, John Sullivan wrote:
> on 3/19/01 3:09 AM, hanne at noodle warande3076 warande uu nl wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > i installed gnome 1.4b2 including nautilus 1.0 from sources. now when i
> > start gnome everything goes smoothly except when it wants to start
> > nautilus. i just won't happen. when i try to start nautilus from an
> > xterm, same thing, it just sits there and does nothing. no errors, no
> > nautilus. any ideas?

Are you running Evolution at the same time?  If you start Evolution,
then try to start Nautilus after that, it won't start.  I posted to this
group on Sunday I think, and submitted a bug report on it, but so far no
official confirmation from Eazel.  I also noticed that if I have
Evolution up and running, and close Nautilus, it leaves a stray process
running.

Dan