Re: [Nautilus-list] nautilus features, when??

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, John Sullivan wrote:
> on 3/18/01 3:57 AM, Leon Chiver at leonchiver xnet ro wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know if will nautilus provide sometimes more advanced
> > features (like konqueror has):
> > an integrated shell emulator, splitting the view (I find this very
> > useful, in one view your're browsing some documentation and in the other
> > you're managing your files, or you can drag a file from a view to
> > another) etc?

> At the moment we have no specific dates planned for any future features, so
> the question "when" can't be answered.
>
> You might want to browse around a little in bugzilla.eazel.com to see which
> of the features you care about are currently reported as bugs. Entering new
> bug reports for specific issues is always welcomed.

You know, a two-paned view really would be might handy.  I don't have
space for kde and gnome so I had no idea Konquerer could do it.  My
favorite file manager is emelfm which is GUI but similar to midnight
commander.  As the default for gnome 1.4, I'll certainly keep Nautilus
around and use it.  But a really good implementation of a two-paned
view with reasonable key bindings would hook me onto it for file
management in a serious way.

Yes, perhaps if I get time I'll poke around and file a bug if one
doesn't exist.  That would really do it for me.

Tom
=========
Quote of the day for March 21st, 2001
A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.
		- Elsa Schiapirelli