Re: [Nautilus-list] Directory Descriptions (Was: I am going toimplement cut, copy,paste forfiles)

Well, instead of making yet another file type and yet another thing to
clutter the interface, at the same time as requiring the installation of
files all over the file system, why not use the existing "notes"
interface in the sidebar?  That way the directory descriptions could be
put into the user's metadata when nautilus first initializes.  It would
also give the user a chance to see the notes feature in action and give
newbies a little bit more of a hint on how they work.  The only problem
you run into is when the user doesn't have the notes tab up, they'd
never know it was there.  *But* it seems to me like automatically
popping up the notes tab if you're on a file that has a note would
probably be a good feature.

Joe Sadusk